[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

nepal nepal.roade at mypostoffice.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 13:37:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:57:23 -0400
drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:

> Are we to get to the point were we pass a death sentence on those who
> illegally copy music? Will that put enough fear into the people to
> get them to stop?

We live in a largely fascist world.

If they can get away with doing the above, then yes they will.

Torture has been reestablished and made somewhat acceptable, at least
in public commentary.

If you look long and hard and honestly at man's history, we are going
backwards in the grace and humility stakes.

This abuse of fellow living beings (along with all the non-human types
too) makes me want to abuse fellow human beings....

Here is my situation. I teach meditation using music. There are a
number of songs and instrumental pieces by a few artists that I find
particularly suitable. But I don't know where I stand with
copy(spit)right. I would like to try teaching my method on-line in
order to reach more people, but I would need to be able to broadcast
publically this music to teach what I teach and I don't know where I
stand on the copy(spit)-nonsense. I don't charge anything for what I do
and I never will. I am disabled with arthritis but my basics are
covered by living in the UK.

In all this discussion, the system cannot be fixed because it is not
broken. It is psychotic at its most fundamental level! Money is the
manifestation of the problem. It is an attempt to accumulate energy
(everything at its simple level reduces to Energy), when it is in
Energy's nature to FLOW and do its work.

( I see all the disagreement about art and ownership and payment
entirely because the capitalists are involved, who always exploit way
beyond reasonableness, but that is its nature, to taint everything with
its psychosis.)

Please note I don't usually say anything although I do read the list
regularly, as Patrick Sharkey tends to write my answers first and being
a lazy git means I don't have to... ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaargg thud!

off me soapbox now. :)

nepal.