[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 05:48:00 UTC 2010

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 17:51:18 Joep L. Blom wrote:
>> drew Roberts wrote:
>>> Someone else having some thoughts on jazz and copyright:
>>>
>>> Are Bad Copyright Laws Killing Jazz And Harming Jazz Musicians?
>>> http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100615/0255059823.shtml

>>> all the best,
>>>
>>> drew
>> Drew,
>> Thanks for your reaction but I disagree with the author of the reference
>> you gave me.
>
> I don't know enough about jazz to agree with you or the author, it is just
> something I cam across the other day andthen when you posted, I went back and
> searched for it to let you see it.

And here I thought jazz was dying because most of it is boring and
ingrown, and the vast majority of players have become indistinguishable
from each other? ;-)

Note the winking smiley. I like traditional New Orleans jazz. I like
some jazz performers, but think that most could be replaced with no one
noticing.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com