[LAU] Paper on new methods of notation

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Sat Jul 3 15:11:21 UTC 2010

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 03:51:15PM +0200, Joep L. Blom wrote:
>
>> Even current modern compositions which are
>> very free in the sounds composers want to be heard (listen to the
>> "obliged work" of the Queen Elisabeth music competition 2010) are
>> written in standard notation.
>
> Living in Italy this escaped me. Who was the composer this year ?
>
> Ciao,

Fons,
It took some effort as I couldn't find it on the Internet but my wife
took notes.
The composer: Jeon Minje
When I had his name I found the rest here:
> http://piano2010.blogspot.com/2010/05/minje-jeon-1st-prize-composition-2009.html

The piece is entitled: Target.
We've heard it and it is interesting.
As the finalists of the concours were presented on television, I have
recorded (part of) all 12 laureates. As always it was very intersting.
Joep