[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jul 4 19:50:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here in Russia, Moscow, there are lots of classical music performances.

Well, we have a terminology problem here. When i mentioned "classical"
above it was in the context of referring to the music of what called
itself "classical" music in the mid-20th century. there are plenty of
performances of the music of, say 1700-1850 here in philadelphia, but
very little of the "classical" music of, say, 1930-2000.
I'm not sure which type you were referring to, but i suspect the former.