[LAU] recording videos for youtube with a webcam under linux, success!

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Jul 5 06:16:10 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 09:53 AM, Loki Davison wrote:
> Hey All,
> Thanks for the help with recording, they are on youtube!
> http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLokiMissSeraphim
>
> I've finally got VLC to work recording the videos, audio with straight
> alsa, then mencoder to convert. I need to start recording them in the
> correct aspect ratio for youtube though!
>
> Next challenge, multi-track audio with ardour synced to multitrack
> video and mix between the different videos of each instrument. Any
> hints on an NLE?

Blender for multi track video and if you want audio too but I would
suggest using blender only for the video and one of the many audio daws
ardour, qtractor, muse, rosegarden, audacity for the multi track audio
part. With blender 2.49 you can sync with a jack script but latest
blender svn has native jack support.

There is also lumiera, cinelerra, avidemux, and several other multitrack
video editors.

Also Robin Gareus has just released a patch for ardour3 that provides a
native video timeline using xjadeo which needs testing if you are keen.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd