[LAU] ot-ish: musical scales question

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:38:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:39 AM, James Morris <james at jwm-art.net> wrote:
> a program i'm making (yes that one) will benefit from knowing about
> musical scales. i looked in the source code for non-sequencer (i'll
> look at arpage next),

One thing I'd like to see in a pitch-smart arpeggiator: automatic
chording, much like what can be done with a Suzuki Qchord (
http://www.qchord.net/ ).
(see also LAU: http://old.nabble.com/Suzuki-QC1-Qchord-Digital-Songcard-Guitar-td28495861.html
)

Instead of the usual settings for arpeggiation range&style (1octave,
2octave && notes played in order vs. random, etc),  you'd have arp
range AND chord.
Instead of playing the notes to arpeggiate, you'd play the root note
of the chord and select a  desired chord. Getting fancier, once a
chord is set, you could do a discrete-glissando up and down the
keyboard to "strum" the chord. (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glissando#.27Discrete_glissando.27 ).

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com