[LAU] ot-ish: musical scales question

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 03:25:41 UTC 2010

Oh and make sure you don't violate any Apple patents... other than my
being listed in the patent (I'm still trying to figure out why),  the
patent below is the most ridiculous piece of crap I've seen since IBM
patented object oriented programming....

http://www.patents.com/Method-apparatus-managing-windows-7739604.html

Patent ID:
US7739604

Issue Date:
June 15, 2010

Abstract:
Methods and apparatuses to manipulate a window during a drag-and-drop
operation. In one aspect of the invention, a method to manipulate a
window includes: receiving input of dragging an item to a first window
in a first state in which the first window is not completely
accessible on a first screen; and bringing the first window from the
first state to a second state in which the first window is more
accessible or completely accessible on the first screen before the
item is dropped. In one example according to this aspect, the first
window is brought to the second state in response to a first
determination that the first window contains a target location for the
item. The first determination is in response to a predetermined input
which is one of: a) a determination that the item has hovered around a
location in the first window for a predetermined amount of time; and
b) an input of pressing a key while the item is being dragged in the
first window.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com