[LAU] jack2 set to realtime / soft mode, normal kernel ?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sat Jul 10 19:20:59 UTC 2010

Harry, rather good guess :-)  Not Firewire.  AudioTrak Prodigy HD2, PCI.
It has been extremely well-behaved.

In your opinion, what is the advantage of the Firewire approach?
Cabling?  Replaceability?  Ease of multitrack functionality?  The
Firewire daisychain capability (does it still exist)?

I just checked out the Pure::Dyne web site.  Very promising and
up-to-date, not like I last saw it a while back.  Questions:

1.  Does it install onto hard drive reasonably easily?  I noticed that
that page in the wiki isn't there yet, just a title/placeholder.  Can it
do RAID-1 without terrible pain?

2.  If it's designed explicitly for DVD/USB use (and it looks like it
is), is that how it's updated?  In other words, can I expect to just
update my system device and it will use an existing older-version
profile reliably?  This would be a very good way to keep a production
machine.

3.  Does it include thorough current compilation capabilities?

J.E.B.