[LAU] Wired... wires confused!

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:25:32 UTC 2010

Sorry about top reply. On my phone and I don't see a way to do email
replies properly..

I think you hit the nail on the head - the graphics are really nice on
wired - unlike most of the other linux apps (with possible exception
of bristol, renoise etc.)

However, graphics do not make any difference to the sound whatsoever
(although I guess they kid people that they are more "professional" -
see all the vst plugins).

In the end I've come to realise that for me flashy graphics often get
in the way of making music - far better to be able to access all
parameters from the keyboard instead of having to click tiny
"realistic" looking buttons,sliders,knobs etc.

On the subject of software that does similar stuff to reason on linux
- how about:

Qtractor
Neil sequencer (was aldrin)
Lmms