[LAU] The rest of midi tracks follow the leading track

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:38:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010, Harry Van Haaren wrote:

>> continuously to trigger the events. With this idea I will be free to play
>> the melody, and feel how the orchestra (the other tracks) follow me, and not
>> me following the orchestra (play along).
>>
>> Is this a crazy idea? Could be feasible to program? Exist already something
>> similar?
>
> Live JACK transport "adjustment": http://www.teuton.org/~gabriel/InConcert/

Yes, this is what InConcert is intended to do.

It's currently very unstable.  Development was paused
because (a) it seemed like I was the only one interested in
it, and (b) at the time I didn't have sufficient hardware
(hardware MIDI ports, MIDI footswitch, synth, portable
computer) to utilize it on stage.

(b) has changed, though.  :-)

-gabriel