[LAU] OT: youtube-dl stopped working

Rob lau at kudla.org
Thu Jul 22 20:44:49 UTC 2010

On Thursday 22 July 2010 16:05, frank pirrone wrote:
> Downloadhelper is for general media download...works well

Yep, I use that all the time, especially since disabling Pulseaudio, which
seems to have made Flash stutter like crazy or be silent altogether --
sometimes crashing Firefox as a bonus.  Sure hope Lightspark is viable
someday.

For those sites that Downloadhelper doesn't work on (the streaming
audio/video sites that are actually streaming the file using RTMP and not
just downloading it in the background), usually Tubemaster++ will let me
soldier on through, but it's clumsy as hell and a little flaky.

Rob