[LAU] OT: youtube-dl stopped working

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 22 21:09:21 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Rob's message of 2010-07-22 22:44:49 +0200:
> On Thursday 22 July 2010 16:05, frank pirrone wrote:
> > Downloadhelper is for general media download...works well
>
> Yep, I use that all the time, especially since disabling Pulseaudio, which
> seems to have made Flash stutter like crazy or be silent altogether --
> sometimes crashing Firefox as a bonus.  Sure hope Lightspark is viable
> someday.

There was a lightspark release two days ago, I installed it yesterday
and watched one youtube video with it. It seemed to work (firefox,
alsa). The controls were totally messed up though.

> For those sites that Downloadhelper doesn't work on (the streaming
> audio/video sites that are actually streaming the file using RTMP and not
> just downloading it in the background), usually Tubemaster++ will let me
> soldier on through, but it's clumsy as hell and a little flaky.
>
> Rob

youtube is pretty much the most important site now though, but I start
to dislike it more and more due to stuff like:
"Content was removed due to copyright claims from Lucas Arts"
or
"This bbc video is not available outside the UK"

Sure, we don't have enough borders yet, we need some more virtual ones.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan