[LAU] sample preview program?

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:42:14 UTC 2010

Hey all,

What would be the "needs" of this sample preview program?
-a file browser: GUI or CLI?
-what sample formats? (MP3 support essential? or all the files supported by
LibSndFile ok?)
-resampling essential? Ie: Sample is recorded at 96kHz, but playback at
44.1kHz?
-gui mockups? (how do you want it to look? )
-waveform preview? (Possibly pointless, it is about the sound right..?)
-length & details? (again.. possibly pointless)
-any other remarks/feature requests etc?

Cheers, -Harry