[LAU] mixing techniques and synth : book references ?

Jean-Yves Poilleux jypllx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:44:56 UTC 2010

Great !

Thank you all, I think I have enough references and web links to get me
started.
By the way Ken, I tried taking my time, creating several versions, but then
when I listen to it again each new version is worse than the one before ;-)

I think Fons makes a point when he is that there is no need to spend too
much time on each knob. Here's the quote :
"If something sounds OK after you have been tweaking it for
a long time, the chances are that I will disappoint you when
you hear it again next week. The reason is that your hearing
will adapt even to the worst ideas if you give them enough
time. This improves with training and lots of very conscious
listening. But an essential part of being able to set e.g. an
equaliser or an effect is to do it relatively quickly and
without too much 'exploration'."

A good balance between your two views (not too long and not too quick)
should be just right ! ;-)

Thanks again

jy