[LAU] Synth: Dubstep Bass

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:19:02 UTC 2010

Hey Patrick,

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>> Basically your signal chain should go:
>>
>> Oscillators -> Filter in -> Output
>>                         ^
>>                       LFO

[snip]

> Not sure if the ascii came out correct. So what I need is a low pass that
> has two input connections? A CV input and a signal input?
>
> The LFO feeds the cv input and the oscillator/s feed the normal(?) input.

Using AMS, here's a nice ASCII-art patch.  I'm omitting
unused ports, envelopes, and the MCV input, assuming you can
figure that part out.

   +------+
   | VCO  |
   = Freq |    +------------+
   |      |    | Mixer 2->1 |
   | Sine =----= In 0       |
   +------+    |            |
            +--= In 1       |      +------+
   +------+ |  |            |      | VCF  |
   | VCO  | |  |        Out =------= In   |
   = Freq | |  +------------+      |      |
   |  Saw =-+                  |   |      |   | PCM Out |
                 |  Sine =-----+              = Out 1   |

Note that at low freqs, the Sawtooth wave will easily overpower the
Sine-wave, so you may have to play with the Mixer to get the mix you
want.

-gabriel