[LAU] Synth: Dubstep Bass

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jun 5 18:37:32 UTC 2010

> Hey Patrick,
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>> Basically your signal chain should go:
>>>
>>> Oscillators -> Filter in -> Output
>>>                         ^
>>>                       LFO
>>>
> [snip]
>>
>> Not sure if the ascii came out correct. So what I need is a low pass
>> that
>> has two input connections? A CV input and a signal input?
>>
>> The LFO feeds the cv input and the oscillator/s feed the normal(?)
>> input.
>
> Using AMS, here's a nice ASCII-art patch.  I'm omitting
> unused ports, envelopes, and the MCV input, assuming you can
> figure that part out.
>
>    +------+
>    | VCO  |
>    = Freq |    +------------+
>    |      |    | Mixer 2->1 |
>    | Sine =----= In 0       |
>    +------+    |            |
>             +--= In 1       |      +------+
>    +------+ |  |            |      | VCF  |
>    | VCO  | |  |        Out =------= In   |
>    = Freq | |  +------------+      |      |
>    |      | |                  +---= Freq |   +---------+
>    |  Saw =-+                  |   |      |   | PCM Out |
>    +------+      +-------+     |   |  Out =---= Out 0   |
>                  | LFO   |     |   +------+   |         |
>                  |  Sine =-----+              = Out 1   |
>                  +-------+                    +---------+
>
> Note that at low freqs, the Sawtooth wave will easily overpower the
> Sine-wave, so you may have to play with the Mixer to get the mix you
> want.
>
> -gabriel

Ok, There are a couple :-) of example ams patches to play with here:

http://djcj.org/code/ams/

Specifically:

http://djcj.org/code/ams/dubstep-synth1.ams

You will need the full set of ladspa plugins from the default fedora repo
to work with them. No beta versions in this lot.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.