[LAU] [LAD] Ardour/Jack issue on Ubuntu Jaunty netbook

Pablo Fernandez pablo.fbus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:39:16 UTC 2010

> Has anyone experienced similar things?

Hi,
Yes, I have ardour on a Acer aspire one, 1024 x 600 screen.  I rarely use
ardour in it but when I do, I have the same problem (number 1).

1) Ardour works fine as it should 90% of the time, except on a netbook, the
>> windows fail to maximize correctly to available screen real estate
>> (1024x600
>>

> Yes, a stock install of Ardour is too large to fit on a 1024x600 screen.
>  You'll need a patched version of Ardour to get it to fit nicely on the
> screen.

I set Font Scaling ~ 80 in Windows -> Preferences -> Misc
and the ardour window fits OK but see below.

>  I think), e.g., when you scroll down, you get the lowest ardour track
>> leaving video trails, and basically it looks like a huge GTK bug of some
>> sort---the interaction with the pointer of course becomes impossible. On
>> my
>>

> This sounds like a video driver (xorg) problem, to me. What's the video
> card in that thing?

Is it like this screenshot?
  http://ardour.org/node/3362
It is my prob too. However, scrolling down works with the main window (the
place where the regions are displayed). The result is that you can't see
which track corresponds to what region/s when you scroll down.

My video card is Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev. 03)

I run ubuntu jaunty and ardour 2.8.8 built from the sources (rev. 6672).
This problem happens with the 64studio jaunty backports rt kernel
(2.6.29-1-multimedia-686) and the ubuntu jaunty stock kernel
(2.6.28.14-generic).
Desktop environment is gnome.

Regards, Pablo