[LAU] [ANN] StretchPlayer 0.501 - Time Stretching Audio Player

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Sat Jun 12 12:05:21 UTC 2010

Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> I am pleased to release StrechPlayer 0.501, a time-stretching,
> pitch-shifting audio file player.  It is powered by librubberband, and
> also features an A/B repeat.
hallo and thanks for the update.
unfortunately this version is having troubles connecting to jack - at
least here.
i build it without the debugginig symbols:

cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/

(but it behaves the same if i use the cmake line from in the INSTALL.txt
file, which includes the debugging symbols...)

now when i start it, while jack is already running, everything goes ok
and stretchplayer is connected to my system playback ports:

nowhiskey at murija4:~$ stretchplayer
StretchPlayer version 0.501, Copyright 2010 Gabriel M. Beddingfield
StretchPlayer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
under terms of the GNU Public License (ver. 2 or later)

but when i click on 'open file' button, stretchplayer immediately
disconnects from jack:

JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Unterbrechung während des
Betriebssystemaufrufs
SuspendRefNum error
JackClient::Execute error name = StretchPlayer

now trying to reconnect, i get this:

nowhiskey at murija4:~$ jack_connect StretchPlayer\:left
system\:playback_1
name jack_connect
connecting 1
jack_client_new: deprecated
cannot connect ports
nowhiskey at murija4:~$

no connection is done and the sound does not play...

if i start stretchplayer without jackd running, when trying to open file
i get the following error:

JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Unterbrechung während des
Betriebssystemaufrufs
SuspendRefNum error
JackClient::Execute error name = StretchPlayer
JackEngine::XRun: client = StretchPlayer was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync Process error
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync Process error
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync Process error
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync Process error

jackd here is:

nowhiskey at murija4:~$ jackd -V
jackdmp 1.9.6
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2009 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
jackdmp version 1.9.6 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8
nowhiskey at murija4:~$

i also tried compiling the version from the git repository, but the
results are the same.

hope that somebody knows what is going wrong here.

cheers,
doc