[LAU] [ANN] StretchPlayer 0.501 - Time Stretching Audio Player

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 13:21:42 UTC 2010

Hi Dragan,

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> but when i click on 'open file' button, stretchplayer immediately disconnects
> from jack:
>

> JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Unterbrechung während des
> Betriebssystemaufrufs
> SuspendRefNum error
> JackClient::Execute error name = StretchPlayer

This is puzzling, because Jack2 is known for /not/
disconnecting clients.  Also, the 'open file' button code is
fairly simple and (AFAIK) safe.

What are your jackd settings (realtime? frame rate? sample
per period?)

Also, what sort of hardware are you running on?

> now trying to reconnect, i get this:
>
> nowhiskey at murija4:~$ jack_connect StretchPlayer\:left system\:playback_1
> name jack_connect
> connecting 1
> jack_client_new: deprecated
> cannot connect ports
> nowhiskey at murija4:~$

This makes sense, becuase I think stretchplayer has been
totally disconnected from Jack.

> jackd here is:
>
> nowhiskey at murija4:~$ jackd -V
> jackdmp 1.9.6

1.9.6 is not yet released.  Which SVN version are you using?

And is it possible that you have a jackd/libjack mismatch?
(E.g. there is a /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 but you're using
/usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.)

Thanks,
Gabriel