[LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 20 13:15:05 UTC 2010

________________________________
From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com>
Often wondered if blind people have a special advantage?
---------

I have very bad astigmatism.  As a result, I believe my body has compensated with very accurate hearing and excellent hearing memory.

I base this idea on my employment as a customer service representative.  Most of my work is done by telephone, but I will meet our customers in person on an infrequent basis.

When they come into the office, I may not recognize their face.  So I let them speak first and *then* I know who they are.

When I really want to listen to something:  I close my eyes.  I suspect most people do the same.

So when it comes to sound, I would say that blind people do have a special advantage.  They are more focused on the sound than sighted people may be.

Best,
Stephen.