[LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jun 20 23:10:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:59:50AM +0200, Joep L. Blom wrote:

> However, there are profound differences in technique and key-touch
> between classical and jazz pianists (the same goes for other
> instruments).

Not to mention singers. Every now and then one of the top
class opera singers produces a CD with jazz standards, and
the results are usually quite horrible IMHO.

The issue of Aeolus' temperament was mentioned in this thread.

The current release has

  Pythagorean,
  Meantone 1/4
  Werckmeister III
  Kirnberger III
  Well Tempered
  Equally Tempered

The next one will add

  Vogel/Ahrend,
  Vallotti
  Kellner
  Lehman
  Pure C/F/G

which were contributed by Hanno Hoffstadt and Adam Sampson.

The default (set not by Aeolus but by the definition files
in the stops package) is Meantone 1/4, which is probably not
the best choice for playing some of the WTC (this is my error,
the intention was to make Werkmeister the default).

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?