[LAU] Fwd: OT: Microphone choice for pipe organ

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Jun 22 20:39:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 09:17:41PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:

>  - With Fons hack, their ADA-8000 seems to be good for the price.

If you mean removing the gain pots, I really can't recommend
doing that to anyone except in the quite peculiar conditions
that made me undertake that operaion (which is not easy and
not without risks).

There are 8 of these in the 'Lampadario acustico' at the CdS.
After less then two years two units have failed and had to be
replaced (which is cheaper than repairing them). Better wait
a month or two, save some money and buy something better.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?