[LAU] Replacing a M-Audio speaker part

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Mar 1 12:38:32 EST 2010

Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp at gjcp.net>

> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 02:35 +0100, J?rn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> if it doesn't, last resort is a vacuum cleaner, but that might eat the
>> entire tweeter if you're not careful.
>
> I suppose what you could do with the vacuum cleaner is open the wee
> slider on the tube that bleeds air in for vacuuming curtains (at least,
> that's what the handbook for mine says it's for).

I have always wondered what the wee slider
thing was for.  Now I know.  That was the most
useful post I have read in years.

Many years ago I used the nozzle on a vacuum
cleaner to repair a tweeter on a Monitor Audio
speaker.  Although it worked, the final result
didn't look very pretty.  I would therefore
suggest trying the cardboard tube first.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org