[LAU] [LAD] Descent synth as dssi

Gerald Mwangi gerald.mwangi at gmx.de
Fri Mar 5 06:46:51 EST 2010

Hi, I've played arround with LASH, and it seems to do what it was ment
for. Hydrogen and Zynadd already support it, and I think Ardour too. So
its not about LASH its self, but about the apps that use it. If I were
to push LASH developement, it wouldn't change anything. I mean to force
audio apps, which use Jack, to use LASH as well. For me it is super
important, to be able to save the whole session with one click. There
are so many standalone jack apps out there, which I'd like to use for
recording. I simply don't rewiring everything that belongs to project
everytime I work on it.
To get specific, say you have a project with Ardour, Hydrogen,
Rosegarden, 3x Zynadd, 5x freqtweak. Since the last 2 aren't available
as plugins (what's the status of zynjack, it seems abandoned), you 11
apps! This setup seems crazy, but freqtweak is soooo cool, I'd like to
use multiple instances as inserts in ardour.
I just don't feel like firing 11 apps, and wiring them everytime.
Gerald