[LAU] Programatic Playlist Creation

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Mar 5 20:54:55 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've been ripping my CD collection into a bunch of FLAC files for
easier access around my house.  I'd like to create playlist based on
the tags inside those FLAC files, and also inside some OGG and MP3
files.  I could probably script this up myself.  But, I'll bet
there's already a lot of people who've done just this, or at least
some Perl modules to help with it.

I'm specifically interested in creating playlists for:

  - all songs of a specific year
  - all songs of a specific genre
  - all songs of a specific album
  - all songs of a specific artist

I would likely run such a program manually.  But, I can see wrapping
make around it, then running it from cron, or something like that.

What might exist to help me with this?

Thanks all...

--
Kevin