[LAU] Programatic Playlist Creation

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 08:14:35 EST 2010

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> easier access around my house.  I'd like to create playlist based on
> the tags inside those FLAC files, and also inside some OGG and MP3
> files.  I could probably script this up myself.  But, I'll bet
> there's already a lot of people who've done just this, or at least
> some Perl modules to help with it.

fapg[1] works great with mp3 files.

...but I don't know anything that works with all 3 formats.
Perhaps you could hack the code to add vorbiscomment support
for ogg and flac.  However, genre's don't easily map beteen
id3 (canonical, enumerated list) and vorbiscomments (a
string, anything goes).

-gabriel

[1] http://royale.zerezo.com/fapg/