[LAU] Finding the delay/latency of a Zoom

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 16 20:38:14 EDT 2010

________________________________

From: Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org

What version of the Operating System are you using?
I'm running 1.80   In the scroll-down menu listing, there is an entry for Monitor.  I've set it to off.   Perhaps this will help.
Here's a link to the software update if you're running an earlier version.  Be careful to follow *all* the directions exactly as given.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/h2.php

Also, have you tried using it as a USB microphone and done the recording outside of the Zoom H2?  That may help.

Good Luck,
Stephen.
It sounds good, but the latency is horrendous, like seconds, even though it supposedly has the same latency settings 128/n3 that I use on the M-Audio.

I've been tracking with it and it's a huge PITA to always have to be shifting tracks over in Ardour after they're recorded.

What's worse, there's no way to turn off hardware monitoring on it, so I can't use Fons' excellent jack_delay tool to measure the latency.