[LAU] Finding the delay/latency of a Zoom

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Mar 18 21:37:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

> I thought the default view "timecode" in Ardour was in units of minutes:seconds, but it wasn't, it was some other weird unit ("frames") that I don't understand.

timecode has a very specific meaning. its a way to refer to video
time, which is measured in hours:minutes:seconds:video-frames (there
are typically 24-30 video frames per second, so the final field is
displaying approximately 1/30ths of a second).

its a very common way to deal with time in many situations where DAWs
are used. ardour3 saves all your chosen clock modes so that you never
have to see this again if you don't want to :)

--p