[LAU] LAC 2010 concerts

Marc Groenewegen marcg at dinkum.nl
Fri May 7 10:57:41 UTC 2010

Hiya,

in reaction to

From: "rosea.grammostola" <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>
Subject: [LAU] LAC2010, some thoughts

 > All the performance where 'experimental music' or livecoding. As
 > mentioned in the 'future of LAC meeting' I would like to see more Jazz,
 > Rock etc.
I agree. I was a bit apprehensive by my programming this year because that
contained quite a bit more rhythm and melody than last year IIRC but it seems
that most of the crowd enjoyed it and some even danced.

Have you been at SJU on Monday ? Several performances there contained a
substantial amount of 4-beat bars, repetition, melody and other sound that
I recognise as music :-)

Change comes in steps. Hopefully we'll get even more jazz, rock etc. next year.
I may even contribute to that since I'm looking forward to a year of NOT organising the LAC.

Cheers,
Marc