[LAU] thinkapads (was: Apple hardware)

Monty Montgomery xiphmont at gmail.com
Tue May 11 11:45:08 UTC 2010

Breaking in a brand new W701 here
... :-)
It's sort of the anti-MacBook.

On May 11, 2010 4:45 AM, "Luka Princic // Nova deViator" <nova at deviator.si>
wrote:

Jorge Salgueiro <jorge.salgueiro at gmail.com>:

> I belive in thinkpads :D

so do i.

> I have a x41t thinkpad and its very silent. Don't know if it's as
> silente as a macbook...

> > I quite like Apple's hardware though. So far I had quite a lot of
> > trouble with
> > PCs for audio, mainly due to the noise produced by the mains
> > adapters, which
> > seems to work its way right down to even firewire sound cards,
> > which is unacceptable for serious work. So what will be my next
> > laptop ? Advice on noiseless laptops is much appreciated.

integrated soundcard on my thinkpad T60p is quite silent.
with ECHO Indigo IO in pcmcia slot i had good quality flawless
lowlatency audio 2 I/O channels. no noise. Edirol FA-101 (10x10) with a
PCI-Express fw card works without a glitch.

thinkpads seem very good.
Lenovo Thinkpads X200 even have very good nvidia graphic cards.

dunno how thinkpad edge is now any good, but T series seem like perfect
little beasts. they could be slightly lighter tho. T400s seems like
a lot of fun.

ah just my adoration of thinkpads and its trackpoints.

l.

--
sujet est machinique!
Nova deViator ¤ http://deviator.si ¤ http://skylined.org ¤