[LAU] perhaps why some of us have more trouble w/ pulseaudio than others (ICE1712/M-audio delta problem w/ pulseaudio)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat May 8 22:23:10 UTC 2010

Now that would be shocking I'd say. Since Suse 8.0 the ICE1712 was
> always the most reliable chipset one could possibly find for Linux. So
> that would be a major regression and should be a show-stopper for alsa.
>
> BUT: the link points to a bug that affects puls audio and it affects it
> with a EWS88MT wich is one of the not-so typical ICE1712-cards like the
> EWX or the MAudio Audiophile and Delta-Series.
>
> So how about these cards and alsa/jack? Any trouble out there with
> bleeding-edge distros?

my reading of this (and the related ALSA bug report) is that this is a
Pulse-only bug, because its related to Pulse's attempt to provide a mapping
of whatever-it-is-that-the-hw-provides into
standard-things-that-users-can-know-and-love.

JACK will just use the channels as single, undifferentiated channels and
doesn't care about their names, function,etc. etc.

i could be wrong in my assessment.

--p