[LAU] It's time to release The Salamander Grand Piano

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Tue May 18 20:10:55 UTC 2010

On May 14, 2010, at 8:20 PM, alexander wrote:

> On 05/14/2010 03:57 PM, alexander wrote:
>> Well, here it is, it took a little longer than expected, mostly do to school work. As I reported earlier I ditched the giga format and went for sfz, you will need linuxsampler cvs to load the sfz file. I do not know of any other sampler for linux that can load sfz. The library also contains pedal action noise samples, these are also in the sfz file but linux sampler don't have the opcodes(on_hi/loCC#) to play them yet so I have not optimized the volume on these yet. They are located on the bottom of the sfz file.
>>
>> Enjoy! and feel free to mirror it where ever you like!
>>

>> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/SalamanderGrandPiano.tar.bz2
>
> Ok, the faulty sample has been replaced, It's the same link as in the original post

Hi Alex,
Would you mind adding a version number or release-date in the filename in future releases?
You said anyone is free to mirror it, but what license does apply to it? Are you giving this into the public-domain?

We've setup a mirror and torrent:

http://download.linuxaudio.org/torrents/SalamanderGrandPiano.tar.bz2.torrent
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lau/SalamanderGrandPiano.tar.bz2

Oh, and I've listened to Nils' waltz - it's a bit dry, but I really like the sound of the Salamander.

> Enjoy!
ditto,
robin