[LAU] Line 6 POD X3 Pro

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:32:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Goran Mekić wrote:

> 	Yeah, I know this model is not supported, but I
> would like to change that. I've never done any kernel

I wouldn't be so sure.  The Line 6 USB driver is now part of
the mainline kernel (in staging).  I see it in 2.6.35 -- but
I don't know when it was added.  It looks like it has X3
support, too.

The maintainer's website is here:

    http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/

In the past I've always compiled this as an out-of-tree
module... and it works fine.

The main feature of this driver is that it allows for audio
recording over USB... but it also provides full MIDI support
and maps a lot of the parameters and whatnot to /dev-style
drivers.

-gabriel