[LAU] The democratization on music might not always be a good thing...

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:50:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:29:11 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the Windows world coming to?
>
> http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-reaktor/the-mouth/?content=1412&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The+Mouth

my guess is that it won't be a revolutionary tool aiding those that
don't want to invest time in learning a skill...

Tim Exile's music *is* very original and interesting but he actually
spent a lot of time immagining his setup and then actually programming
it.. it's a very complex setup.

So, while I'm of course ok with those who say "who cares, if someone can
make great music with this thing it's ok", I don't believe ready-to-use
one-size-fits-all tools like this will actually make anyone in to Tim
Exile.

Even the Irving Berlin example that was given: he actually spent hours
and hours composing.

Whichever direction one goes, to translate sounds from dream to reality
he has to put his soul in it, which also means putting his time in it.

cheers
renato