[LAU] screencasting with ffmpeg
lsd at wootangent.net
Fri Nov 5 09:58:52 UTC 2010
On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 00:24 +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:
> >> Ive been trying to follow this link
> >> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/screencasttutorial
> >> 1. It says xsession wont work in gnome -- any alternatives?
> > It's a capital X in Xsession. But you can just use any windowmanager
> > instead of Xsession. after the `export DISPLAY=:2` just launch wm2,
> > xfwm, fluxbox, ion3, icewm, openbox,... whatever.
> I dont get all this :-) All I know is I am using gnome which sometimes
> seems to be using metacity.
> Can I replace xsession by metacity?
FWIW, the procedure I used for my screencasts was:
1) Install the "openbox" window manager
2) Log out of your desktop, and log back in to an "Openbox Session" from
GDM, rather than a full GNOME session
3) Right-click on the desktop and use the menu to launch a terminal
4) Run Xephyr -- this command is a little different to the command from
the tutorial page, because the original command was segfaulting for me:
Xephyr -keybd ephyr,,,xkbmodel=evdev -screen 1280x720x24 -dpi 96 :2
5) Start the nested X session:
More information about the Linux-audio-user