[LAU] Introductory seq24 tutorial

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sat Nov 6 14:08:39 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:45 +0100, jy wrote:
> hey
> i've been trying the features shown on your tutorial but i noticed 2
> things :
> - the letters assigned to the patterns do not show on the pattern, so
> i have to try all keybords keys until i find the asssignements. how
> can i unhide the assignements on the patterns ?
> - in the options, i don't have a keybord nor a mouse tab, just midi
> clock, midi input and jack sync. strange isn't it ?

It might be that these features have been added in the development
branch since the last stable release, so they may not be in the current
standard packages in distributions. In the blog post for the first
tutorial, I posted a link to a tarball based on the current development
tree, with some minor build fixes:

http://wootangent.net/2010/10/linux-music-tutorial-seq24-part-1/

If you're on Ubuntu, check the comments on that post instead for a link
to AutoStatic's PPA for Lucid, which now includes seq24 packages built
from that tarball.

Thanks
Leigh