[LAU] Music made with linux: Abundance - Ambient-Psy-Trance

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Nov 7 11:29:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, November 5, 2010 12:03 am, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Listened to it thanks to an ogg upload (flacs were way too big in
> filesize).
> Interesting stuff. I liked the drum line - it has style. However, I did
> miss
> structure. In my opinion, not always does the monotone repetition is the
> way
> to go. Having a beat is already a little bit like structure, so you do
> have
> the beginnings of structure there. It was possible to introduce breaks and
> then put the beat back on - those breaks could have helped the composition
> evolve greatly.
> Also, while drone music might basically be still for 70 minutes and not
> introduce anything new, in this case I did not feel that what I heard in
> the
> beginning was full-filling enough.
>
> Still, it is an interesting piece of work. I wonder how much of it is
> unique
> and how much of it is copy-paste.

All the noises except the drum track were generated synthetically.

The drum track uses the default hydrogen drum kit.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.

"ZPE is not about creating something from nothing: It is about using the
zero point of a wave as a means to transform other forms of potential
energy like magnetic flux, heat, or particle spin into usable energy in
such a way that entropy appears to be reversed."