[LAU] Music made with linux: Abundance - Ambient-Psy-Trance

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:03:37 UTC 2010

Listened to it thanks to an ogg upload (flacs were way too big in filesize).
Interesting stuff. I liked the drum line - it has style. However, I did miss
structure. In my opinion, not always does the monotone repetition is the way
to go. Having a beat is already a little bit like structure, so you do have
the beginnings of structure there. It was possible to introduce breaks and
then put the beat back on - those breaks could have helped the composition
evolve greatly.
Also, while drone music might basically be still for 70 minutes and not
introduce anything new, in this case I did not feel that what I heard in the
beginning was full-filling enough.

Still, it is an interesting piece of work. I wonder how much of it is unique
and how much of it is copy-paste.

Cheers!

Louigi.