[LAU] Life in the old beast yet! A session report

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Nov 8 18:30:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:56:55 -0500
David Santamauro <david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats ...
>
> What is/was your jackd command line? Or the parameters you used for
> period size, sample rate etc.

As saved by Qjackctl:
/usr/bin/jackd -P70 -p512 -dalsa -r44100 -p128 -n2 -D -Chw:1 -Phw:1 -m -H

A note about my setup:  I have 2 Delta 1010s that have an S/PDIF connection
for master/slave clocking as detailed here http://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html

If I need more than 8 channels, I'll use the devices multi_capture and multi_playback
rather than hw:1.  And why hw:1 and not hw:0?  At one point I had an IRQ
conflict with one of the 1010s and my Ethernet device, so I had to move
the PCI card for one of the 1010s to another slot.  Somewhere along the
way this switched the order of the two cards, and I've used hw:1 ever since
rather than re-wire my patch panel or switch the cables that connect to the
breakout boxes.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com