[LAU] Sampler project. First volley of questions

Batz batzman-lau at all-electric.com
Thu Nov 18 11:46:29 UTC 2010

Y-ellow Paul, Ronald 'n' all.
         Thanks for that. I can't quite tell what the CPU is on the tiny
boards without powering them up. I don't have a manual for them or
anything. However the slightly bigger one is a brand new ASUS I220GC. In
box with all the bits. This thing apparently sports a celeron 200. I can't
glean the speed from the manual but I gather it's at least 1.2 Ghz. The
board has S/PDIF out which at least ticks that box. Apparently the celeron
200 is 64 bit?

I'm not sure this would be fast enough for a fully fledged sampler but it
might make a fairly wicked little synth.

So excuse my ignorance but which would be the best audio distro to use? I
was about to download slackware13. Slack has been my weapon of choice for
years but if there's something better I should go with, then I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely icebox.

| "_ \      | |         batzman-lau at all-electric.com
                 / ,__