[LAU] Demo: Soda P - Icon of Your Time

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Nov 19 12:53:01 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 01:49 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> Nice work! There's definitely an energy to it, and the arrangement is
> great. The strings sit in there nicely, filling things out without being
> overly audible themselves. I love the delay on the vocals, too :)
>
> The only feedback I have is that it sounds a bit mid-heavy to me -- I
> think I'd like to hear a bit more of a bass thump from the bass guitar,
> and more high-end as well, possibly from the drums and vocals (and a
> little on the guitar perhaps as well, or a little on all three!).
>
> As you mention, this might be because you're mixing on headphones. I do
> the same, just because I don't have monitors, and I've found it hard to
> judge those things. The only advice I can give is to compare your mixes
> to commercial tracks that have a similar sound, and listening to your
> mixes on any other systems you have at hand to see how they sound there.
>
> Thanks
> Leigh

Thanks Leigh!

I'll try mixing it with some more lows and highs, I did eq those a bit
too enthusiastically maybe on some tracks. I'm also going to redo the
vocals, add extra guitars and automate some volume settings.
This weekend I'll crank it up on my monitors and compare it to similar
sounding tracks. And listen to it on my hifi system.

Best,

Jeremy