[LAU] controllerism on linux

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 17:51:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:22:44 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Harry Van Haaren
> <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Look at SooperLooper. That has a lot of good features, and is in my
> > experience very stable usuable software.
> > All controls are map-able by MIDI & OSC, and it all works :-)
>
> for this sort of setup, freewheeling is really much more suitable, i
> think.

yeah, I used both. I too prefered freewheeling but unfortunately the
dev cannot mantain it anymore, so it's sort of dead.

in the end I guess it's just a matter of carefull planning - the only
thing i wouldn't know how to do is dynamic loop loading... sl does
support loading loops but I think not via midi (you have to get to the
mouse)