[LAU] controllerism on linux

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Nov 30 21:26:29 UTC 2010

I did something similar in Csound on Linux for my project
Notstandskomitee. I wanted to take my studio multitrack loops on the
road, process the tracks individually, and switch between patterns.
Combined with visual feedback with the cheapo Behringer BCF motorfader
controller, live synthesis for keyboard and now with live visuals done
in PD/GEM, bridged via OSC.

Here you can see the FLTK Csound userinterface in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0N0tma0zLI

I first tried to program it in PD but I took a wrong approach. It was
easier for me to code it in Csound and state persistence was easier to
do there too.

Here even on a netbook on a rainy streetfest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYihrstv9mo

Its far from an allpurpose application for easy throw in your loops and
go. But I am thinking about sharing the patch as soon I have some time
to make it simpler to understand and construct your own live set.

Cheers,

Malte
--
----
media art + development

new on iTunes: Notstandskomitee Automatenmusik
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/automatenmusik/id383400418