[LAU] extracting files from a cd

M Watts zwy648rct at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:01:52 UTC 2010

On 10/02/2010 04:24 AM, Michael Weaver wrote:

> I am running Ubuntu Lucid and was using Audio CD extractor for
> extracting tracks from CDs.

I appreciate your problem -- I've had trouble with Sound Juicer because
I've fiddled with the underlying gstreamer stuff too much, (Sound Juicer
is the real name of the app - "Audio CD Extractor" is simply a Gnome
menu entry for it).

If you're not comfortable with the commandline, a very similar looking
app is Asunder http://littlesvr.ca/asunder/

It should be available via aptitude on Ubuntu.

Asunder uses freedb.org for its CDDB lookups, and uses that info to name
and tag files -- it seems a more comprehnsive source than MusicBrainz.