[LAU] Audiofire8 and how I chose the wrong motherboard.

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 00:58:37 UTC 2010

Toby,

True, only the FFADO can "access" the AudioFire 8. Its a firewire device,
and hence ALSA has no intrest in it.
Niether does OSS.

On the bright side of the rainbow, there are ways to route ALSA / Pulse /
OSS / whatever-you-need to JACK.

Try google "ALSA program JACK output", in short: you need this article:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Jack_(plugin)<http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Jack_%28plugin%29>

Hth, I've a AudioFire 2 & 12, works no probs on either, so its gotta do on
your 8!
Cheers, -Harry