[LAU] Heads Up :)

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:14:42 UTC 2010

Hi Will,

Just curious, do you build all your audio stuff (from the kernel
through to ardour) from source?

I used to do that using debian to provide the base system, and X, and
to provide the dependencies (where the packages were recent enough)
required to build all my favourite audio software.

I'm just wondering if it's getting any easier these days, ie, is there
still much work to do, and is updating still a nightmare? (I used to
sometimes find I was better off doing a new install).

Cheers,
James

On 6 October 2010 17:05, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> Just updated my debian squeeze based DAW and noticed audacity was
> amongst the updates. This once more works with jack - it hadn't for the
> last two or three updates.
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

_
: http://jwm-art.net/
-audio/image/text/code