[LAU] Some new things to play with

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:01:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> On 10/10/10 22:10, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Two new Jack apps are available at the usual place:
>>
>> Zita-at1:  Autotuner.
>> Zita-rev1: Stereo or Ambisonic reverb.
>>
>> More info at <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio>
>>
>> Enjoy !
>>

> I'm curious: is there a system behind which colors you choose for each
> of the parameter knobs for zita-rev1 and zita-at1?
>
> It's a minor thing and way beyond 0.1.X, but once you release the plugin
> API and host-app it'll benefit from consistent coloring of knobs
> according to function and/or range.
> For all I know it's likely already on your ToDo list or I've missed
> something :)
>
> Anyway, the knobs are very nice: both in functionality and I like the
> look & feel.
>
> 2c,
> robin

I think the colours are quite elegant. Cheerful without being aggressive.

And Fons has, most importantly, refrained from using Godzilla Green,
that terribly saturated affront to eyesight, and good taste, that some
seem to find necessary in other apps to attempt some semblance of
affinity with hardware equivalents.

:)

Alex.

--