[LAU] wanted:audio player

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Oct 16 21:41:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 23:23:36 +0200
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/2010 11:20 PM, Folderol wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 23:13:26 +0200
> > Jeremy Jongepier<jeremy at autostatic.com>  wrote:

> >> Hello Fons,
> >>
> >> First one that pops up in my mind is Aqualung but my bet is you already
> >> tried that one.
> >>
> >> http://aqualung.factorial.hu/
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Jeremy
> >
> > I think Audacious (with the extra plugins) can do most of that. I have it
> > confgured for 'tinyplayer'.
> >
> > It has quite a lot of the 'toys' but fortunately they can all be turned off ...
> > permanently :)
> >

> Second that, especially when using Audacious-GTKui. But I had so much
> issues with Audacious in the past that I barely use it anymore, it used
> to be one hell of a buggy player.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Yes, I know it's had issues in the past, but the current version from debian
(squeeze) seems very stable.

It will auto-connect on start-up, but never objects when I gently prise it's
fingers off with qjackctl, and is quite happy to be re-routed through any other
jack kit such as guitar effects plugins :D

Don't know it it handles multichannel files (I don't have any myself).

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk