[LAU] new guitarix breakout (gx_head)

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon Oct 18 20:37:39 UTC 2010

Am 17.10.2010 19:02, schrieb hermann:
> Hi list
>
> I have restructured guitarix a bit and split it into a amp head and two
> effect racks. It's in svn only for now.
> screen-shot from the AMP is here:
>    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5087/screenshot027x.png
> I need some testers and feedback before I could make a release out of
> it. So please, if you are a guitar player, checkout our Sources and
> build gx_head. Let us know if you miss something or if you found a bug
> or a misconfiguration.
>
> get the source
>
> svn co http://guitarix.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/guitarix/trunk
> guitarix
>
> (like ever all FAUST.dsp Sources included)
> configure them
>
> cd ./guitarix
> /waf configure --prefix=/usr --includeresampler --includeconvolver
> --experimental --optimization --debug --no-faust --build_head
>
> that will build guitarix and also the new gx_head
> and build and install
>
> ./waf build
> ./waf install
>
> run it with
>
> gx_head

The thing does not only look nifty, it runs just great!
I tested it for 2h with dozens of impulseresponses, tweaking FX,
saving/reloading presets constantly and I had ZERO xruns and my puny
laptop did not seem to notice the powerfull jackapp on its back.

I have guitarix on my personal app of the year list!

thanks a lot for it!

HZN