[LAU] new guitarix breakout (gx_head)

hermann brummer- at web.de
Thu Oct 21 20:57:24 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 18.10.2010, 22:37 +0200 schrieb Hartmut Noack:
> Am 17.10.2010 19:02, schrieb hermann:
> > Hi list
> >
> > I have restructured guitarix a bit and split it into a amp head and two
> > effect racks. It's in svn only for now.
> > screen-shot from the AMP is here:
> >    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5087/screenshot027x.png
> > I need some testers and feedback before I could make a release out of
> > it. So please, if you are a guitar player, checkout our Sources and
> > build gx_head. Let us know if you miss something or if you found a bug
> > or a misconfiguration.
> >
> > get the source
> >
> > svn co http://guitarix.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/guitarix/trunk
> > guitarix
> >
> > (like ever all FAUST.dsp Sources included)
> > configure them
> >
> > cd ./guitarix
> > /waf configure --prefix=/usr --includeresampler --includeconvolver
> > --experimental --optimization --debug --no-faust --build_head
> >
> > that will build guitarix and also the new gx_head
> > and build and install
> >
> > ./waf build
> > ./waf install
> >
> > run it with
> >
> > gx_head
>
> The thing does not only look nifty, it runs just great!
> I tested it for 2h with dozens of impulseresponses, tweaking FX,
> saving/reloading presets constantly and I had ZERO xruns and my puny
> laptop did not seem to notice the powerfull jackapp on its back.
>
> I have guitarix on my personal app of the year list!
>
> thanks a lot for it!
>
> HZN
>
> > greats  hermann

Hi Hartmut

Thanks for you kind words, :-)

Most of the internal work is done by Andreas Degert who brings the nice
stable structure to the source and have develop the amp algorithmic.
And of course, the thanks goes to the faust developers (special to Prof.
Julius Smith for his effect.lib and filter.lib)

greats  hermann